BioMedical (or Meridian Stress Assessment) allergy testing, is a non intrusive way of determining our sensitivities to various allergens. The principal of this type of testing lies in the fact that when you induce stress on certain specific organ systems in the body, the body reacts to that stress. This reaction is measurable and can be recorded in order to determin the severity of the allergy or sensitivity to a particular stressor. It is a great way to determin if you are allergic to certain foods, animal or environemental triggers.
Here are some of the most common symptoms that can be an indicator of an allergic sensitivity:
- Itching eyes, redness, and tearing around the eyes. Dark circles around the eyes can sometimes be a sign of allergies known as “allergic shiners”
- Itchy, runny, stuffy nose, and excessive sneezing can be symptoms of allergic rhinitis or “hay fever“
- Shortness of breath, wheezing and chest tightness can be symptoms of asthma
- Stomach cramps, bloating, vomiting, and diarrhea may result from food allergies
- Some skin reactions to foods, medicines, household chemicals, plants, or insect stings may cause itchy rashes or patches of swelling or red blotch known as hives
Whatever the symptoms - allergy testing is a great way to get information about what exactly is making you sick, so that further measures can be taken to alliviate the symptoms completely (usually a herbal protocol and a regiment of elimanation of the exposure to the trigger for a certain period of time). Dr. Risk has treated many patients with various allergy concerns and can very effectively determin a treatment protocol for elimination of the allergy all together. Please call our West Springs, Calgary clinic for more information about the allergy testing using Biomeridian electro-dermal testing technology.